How To Make Your Own Tanning Lotion
The current world is moving in the direction where beauty is more important than even having a meal. This step has boosted the cosmetics industry thus creating a fluctuation in the prices of lotion.
Luckily enough, science has enabled many people to be able to make their homemade tanning lotions cheaply, at their comfort at homes and with freely available sources of the recipes.
Find more on how to make your own tanning lotion and do it yourself.
What Are Tanning Lotions?
Tanning lotions are applied to the skin to aid in the process of production of melanin and blood flow and comprise of original recipes such as tea, coffee, cocoa, and copper. The process of tanning is very crucial for anyone who wants to have a nice glossy and sexy dark golden tan on their skin.
Homemade tanning lotions provide cheap and safe alternatives to provide treatment to a person’s skin.
What Is The Use Of Tanning Lotions?
There is always a percentage of the population who always use cosmetics product such as tanning lotions, but they don’t know why they are using the products. The following are the few reasons why people prefer homemade tanning lotions as their cosmetics of choice:
- Homemade tanning lotions also are known as fake tanning lotions since their ingredients are cheap and easily available in almost all households saving money.
- Homemade tanning lotions do not need any UV rays that have a likelihood of destroying a person’s skin by premature aging, wrinkles, dark spots and even cancer.
- The homemade tanning lotions of original recipes are proven by experts to keep skin young and fresh which is the sort of reason for any cosmetic.
- The natural ingredients of the tanning lotions made at home do not cause allergies or irritations to the skin when used.
- Homemade tanning lotions are also easy to make from their simple and clear recipes.
- The larger majority of people prefer homemade tanning lotions as they can customize the color of their lotions as they prefer.
What Are The Types Of Homemade Tanning Lotions?
- Sunless Home-made Tanner: These type of tanning lotions are to be used indoors; they include cocoa tanning lotions, Coffee or tea tanning lotions, carrot based tanning lotion.
- Sun Home-made Tanner: These tanning lotions are made to be used when outside the house in the sun. They include the following creams; coconut oil based Tanner, lanolin based tanner and black tea bags tanner. These tanning lotions are made to be used when outside the house in the sun. They include the following creams; coconut oil based Tanner, lanolin based tanner and black tea bags tanner.
How To Make Sun-less Home-made Tanner?
The process of making sunless tanner at home is essay and can be done on the kitchen table or in the living room space. The following process highlights the ingredients and the recipe for the different types of tanners.
Cocoa Tanning Lotion
The cocoa Tanner is very simple to make and has precise ingredients and recipe steps to obtain maximum results from the tanning lotion made.
There are only two ingredients for the cocoa based tanner which can be found easily at local supermarkets and include:
- Unscented white lotion
- 100% cocoa powder
The first step is combining the ingredients in a bowl. You mix half a cup of unscented lotion with a third cup of cocoa powder.
Blend or mix the ingredients till there are no clumps in the mixture.
When you want to have a different shade of color for your tanner, you would need to vary the amount of powder to get the desired shade.
The home-made tan should be applied by smoothing it over your entire body and used on a daily basis to get regular results. Once the lotion is used and stored in an airtight container that once had lotion. In case you would want to have more benefits use a moisturizing lotion.
Coffee Or Tea Tanning Lotion
Most people prefer tea and coffee based homemade tanning lotions for their skin tanning need. The caffeinated tea and coffee are used to tighten the skin leaving no room for wrinkles and even cellulite. The tea stains the skin to produce a healthy looking tan.
The following components are used for the coffee or tea based tanning lotions:
- Caffeinated coffee or tea bags
- Unscented white lotion
Brew one cup of coffee or tea just like your natural beverage ensuring you use enough of the coffee grounds and at least three tea bags.
Mix enough lotion with coffee or tea to get the desired color and note that the more coffee or tea added, the darker the final tan color.
The resulting mixture gets sprayed on the skin.
The carrot based Tanner is preferable since it has less oil compared to other lotions when applied to the skin thus reducing streaks. You spray the Tanner on your skin after having a shower.
The ingredients for the carrot based Tanner are three, and they include:
- Three quarter full gallon of water
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 pound of fresh carrots
Boil water and add sliced carrots into the boiling water.
Add brown sugar into the mixture of boiling water and carrots.
Simmer the tanning oil for three hours and let it cool.
Sieve the clumps and the tanning oil and put in a spray bottle.
The carrot based tanning is applied once a week for greater results.
Sun Homemade Tanning Lotion
These type of lotions are for outdoor use in the sun and are still useful as the tanning lotions made for use in cloudy conditions. These tanning lotions can be used at the onset of summer and even after using sunless tanning lotions. The ingredients here are easy to find in stores and home.
Coconut Oil Sun Tanner
Coconut oil as a tanner is very efficient as it acts as an accelerator that enables more UV rays to be absorbed into the skin to produce melanin and tan the skin.
There is only one element applied in the making of the Tanner, that is coconut oil. Although, olive oil can be mixed with coconut oil to get better results.The coconut oil is essential in ensuring the skin retains its moisture. Skin without moisture is sure to dry up and get worn out faster losing its color and getting flakes.
Lanolin Sun Tanner
The use of lanolin oil as a tanning lotion to be utilized in the sun is essential in locking moisture by acting as an emollient. When moisture is locked in the skin, you can maintain a long lasting tan. Lanolin is also not sensitive to the skin thus it will not cause any irritation to skin when applied.
The use of natural recipes for cosmetic purposes is very vital to maintain a healthy skin texture and color. It is very crucial to ensure that you get useful results from the tanning oils and at the same time avoiding adverse effects on your skin.
I promise you would get a great result from using the tanning recipes above without spending a lot.